Software for burning hidden tracks???

giggsy

I wanna be able to place a hidden track before the first track on a CD. What software do I need?

I'm using Wavelab and Easy CD 5.0 right now and they don't seem to be able to do what I want...

giggsy

The old program 'CD Architect' from Sonic Foundry will allow for this. I've done it. It's a dead product, but you may still be able to find it somewhere. It works with Sound Forge 4.0 or 4.5. IMO, the best audio CD software ever made. It also does not support many newer drives, especially IDE ones, but Vegas Video 3.0 from SF does support burning of CD Architect files, so it's a workable solution...albeit expensive to have all that software.

EAC and CDRWin can do that, with the "cuesheet".
Feurio must be able to do it too, though I don't know how it works.

EAC is cardware (unlimited free, send a postcard), Feurio is unlimited shareware (pay to remove the welcome screen).

EDIT : by the way, for burning, download EAC beta 2 (NT, 2k, XP), or EAC 0.9 prebeta 11 (Win95, 98, 98SE, Me).
Other assotiations are buggy.

Stealthtech,
I'm reffering to a track that you can find on some CD's BEFORE track 1. To find it, you pop the CD in, press play and then hit the paus button. Then you hit the rewind button and sometimes you can go further back than to 00.00 and find a whole song there.

Looneytunes,
I think a friend of mine's got the Architect. I'll check with him.

pio2001,
I've never heard of EAC. How can I find it? I do have Feurio downloaded but I haven't installed it yet.

giggsy

Do you guys know if any of these programs will write to a CD-RW like it's a disk drive. I'm ready to dump DirectCD from Adaptec, and need a replacement for writing to CD-RW.

Back