so you want to write a concept albumn???

e unum pluribus

ok i want to make a concept albumn...

here is what im looking at

a tracklist and description of what they sound like and are about...

Devendra's trilogy

devendra's breakfast - instrumental with wake up bleary eyed feel... thinking of enveloping a plug-in over the whole track so that the beginning is thin, dark, and far-off feeling and eventually fades away to reveal a clean recording with a bright tone...

mad mathmatician- same kind of style as devendra's breakfast and devendra is the mathmaticians name... (although not mentioned i might add that to the lyrics ) towards the end of the song devendra makes a breakthrough, the listener is made aware of this by the line "found one antique exponent..."

success at last- (not written yet) but the overall tone/style will be that of the mad mathmatician although mad mathmatician is in a minor key i think i will write success at last in the relative major...

Father, mother, son trilogy

the couple's lunch- (not written) but will be jazzy sounding instrumental to introduce the sound of tom, mary, and there sons trilogy...

the story of tom and mary- a jazzy sounding song talking about the struggles of a new family and the mother with a secret that she tell her son at the end of the song...

the golden son- (not written) will be a song in the same style/tone of tom and mary but focusing on the sons dealing with the secret his mother has told him...

My Trilogy

my supper- (not written) will be a bright intrumental probably in a major key and the same tone as its just been sunset (see below)

it's just been sunset- a song to wrap up my day...

unknown title- (not written)but should wrap up the cd with refences and tones from all the above songs

wheww hell of a log post for me...

all of these songs that are completed can be found at www.soundclick.com/eunumpluribus dont worry they will be rerecorded...

so i have 3 songs with lyrics to write and 2 instumentals to come up with....

what are youre thoughts guys???

Last edited:
listen to other concept albums, I would ESPECIALLY recommend Of Montreal's album "The Gay Parade"... genius, just genius. I would like to attempt this in the future, probably after my third album, which should be done by this summer. ;)

e unum pluribus said:
ok i want to make a concept albumn...

here is what im looking at

a tracklist and description of what they sound like and are about...

Devendra's trilogy

devendra's breakfast - instrumental with wake up bleary eyed feel... thinking of enveloping a plug-in over the whole track so that the beginning is thin, dark, and far-off feeling and eventually fades away to reveal a clean recording with a bright tone...

what are youre thoughts guys???

Just make sure this doesn't sound too much like Pink Floyd's "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" I love that band, but that song is just unpleasant.

devendra banhart

'This is the way' (off 'rejoicing in the hands' album)

This is the soup
That i believe in
This is the smoke
I'm always breathin'
This is the way
I share my breakfast
This is the way
I serve my sentence

thats wierd i never noticed that lyric... the song is inspired by devendra banhart though so it would seem fitting... do you think that i could run into problems even though i dont sell my music?

Back