So whats the state of the used gear market right now?

tubedude

Just wondering if its gotten bad here, too. 2 years ago you cold sell anything on here in about 20 minutes.
I have a few decent things I've been thinking about letting go of, and just wondering how hard its been to sell things lately.

So far my job and income have been steady, even better than ever really, but its a scary world right now.

in my experience(s) recently it's a buyer's market. for studio gear, with the economy as it is and with the explosion of the home studio market i keep seeing "downsizing" or "closing" sales posted on the various boards, ebay or through auction houses. the vintage and high end guitar market has taken a major kick in the pants as well.

I guess it depends on pricing too. In this market you have to put a realistic price. I usually look on ebay to get a "medium" price. I had a few items here and nothing. I put them on ebay and everything has either sold or has bids on them.

Good job makin' the lemonade!

no sir...you need lemons to make lemonade.....

I have no lemons here....

What do I have you ask??

well....

Ill tell you...

I have these wonderful items for sale...

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=276854

https://homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=276933

purchase these and make your own wonderful drink of choice.....I promise you though....that drink will not be lemonade unless you have lemons from another source.....these items will not produce any liquid that will come close to make lemonade!!!! just try for yourself.....please....purchase these items....

thank you...

I'm just waiting for vintage U67s to hit the $4,000 mark. I'm seeing them for about $7500 right now....

The used market seems pretty good to me. If we're talking about here on Home Recording, I'd say it seems to have slowed around here for whatever reason. If you can't sell it here, you can give Gearslutz a try. Their classified section is very, very active.

I agree with some of the above that it's a buyers market, but I've sold a bunch of stuff on eBay over the past month and I've gotten the price I was looking to get without much trouble. As of right now, I'd say it's holding up well given everything going on.

I am having some trouble moving a couple of tube guitar amps, and prices seem to have slid about $100-200 on vintage amps that were selling for around $1000 or so, last summer.

Back