so this is what I did

art_lessing

I first recorded my guitar, which is an acoustic electric homemade job made to sound like a sitar, with a close live sennheiser609silver just next to the guitar, and then a line in going to the mixboard sending a signal to good old cool edit2.....well needless to say it sounded crisp and clear...so clear that you good cut glass with it....not an honest recording...do you think that a recording should sound like the band as best represented by their live sound?.....I kinda do

so I plugged my guitar into its amp..the one I use on stage and mic'ed it using a shure 50's elvis mic from 49 inches aimed directly at the cone of my jc-80 (rare loud a$$ amp that has a 12 but should have a 15)....boy the sound is good a very real live sound...plus the close mic on the guitar in other room with the door closed helped the sound...ok so what I want to know is should I mic the cabinet close with moderate volume which adds to richness but adds amp noise or do I crank up my amp and put alot of rooom between....

?

DQ

yeah, an e609 on an acoustic can't sound very good....great on amps though, though they are bright, you'd want to pair them with a darker mic.

Back