So the Two Notes Torpedo CAB, does it sound digital?

twangbuck

So I was listening to clips of the Two Notes Torpedo CAB unit on youtube. I was trying to find clips where it was used for recording purposes, not in a live situation. Anyway, there was one clip that was pretty lengthy where the guy posted a full tune with all lead and rhythm parts recorded with the Torpedo. The lead parts sounded great, kind of a real smooth distortion/od type of sound. Very amp like sound. The rhythm parts I was less impressed with. The cleaner sounds sounded, to me, very digital, which is a complete deal-killer. It had that high end fizzy 'digititis' type of sound. The kind of sound I start to hear in a POD after a while, and once I start to notice it, it's all I hear.
So...for all you Torpedo users out there, does it sound digital on clean and lightly overdriven sounds, or was I simply hearing bad youtube download quality?

It had that high end fizzy 'digititis' type of sound. The kind of sound I start to hear in a POD after a while, and once I start to notice it, it's all I hear.

Yeah...tell me about it.
Some of the pod/sims guys think we just like to bash "digital"....but I have the exact same issue with most sims/pods.....they can sound good, and then all of a sudden my ears will focus in on that homogenized digital buzz (especially when it's some distortion flavor)...and that's it, after that happens, all I seem to notice is that homogenized, digital buzz that's part of the simulation.

Don't know about the Two Notes C.A.B.....but you can also look at something like a Radial JDX box or even the Hughes & Kettner Red Box if you are after cabinet emulation type of pedals.

Back