So Much Low End!

Getting a good bass tone is hard for me lately.
What are you doing differently from songs like "Experimental film" and "Making plans for Nigel" and some of the instrumentals of that period ? Because there's nothing wrong with the bass tones there. They sit well in those songs, they don't draw attention to themselves but if I focus on the bass, I like the sounds.

What are you doing differently from songs like "Experimental film" and "Making plans for Nigel" and some of the instrumentals of that period ? Because there's nothing wrong with the bass tones there. They sit well in those songs, they don't draw attention to themselves but if I focus on the bass, I like the sounds.

Ha! You remember the songs I did. I need more recordings up. Those are ancient and I've gotten a lot better at singing since then. :laughings:

Anyway, I think the sound actually just got old. Even there they have a kind of sub-frequency feel. I prefer more of that "fender bass twang" in the highs, and the Peavey Patriot bass I'm using has really farty sounding highs. I don't like it at all. I might be better off investing in a new bass than trying to get my Peavey to sound like a different bass. I'm sure a set-up and a pickup change would do it some good. :rolleyes:

Back