So, is this cool? My bass player.. singing!

Would love opinions in general about:

1) the vocals/singing/lyrics
2) the song in general
3) production value

Kind of an early 80's vibe on the recording...reminds me me of how early R.E.M. records sounded.

I would ditch the keyboard 'strings,' but I'm not known for having good taste, lol.

The bass sounds fantastic...I'm not digging how the vocal melody and the bass are doing almost the same thing during the verses, but I like the bass part, so I'm not sure that I would change that either.

I won't talk about the drums other than to say that "the drums provide a rhythmic element to the song." :D - Man, throw a ride in there somewhere, hahaha.

I think it's a really good song, and I think his vocal works fine on it.

Kind of an early 80's vibe on the recording...reminds me me of how early R.E.M. records sounded.

I would ditch the keyboard 'strings,' but I'm not known for having good taste, lol.

The bass sounds fantastic...I'm not digging how the vocal melody and the bass are doing almost the same thing during the verses, but I like the bass part, so I'm not sure that I would change that either.

I won't talk about the drums other than to say that "the drums provide a rhythmic element to the song." :D - Man, throw a ride in there somewhere, hahaha.

I think it's a really good song, and I think his vocal works fine on it.

Thanks, I think I am gonna kill the strings or make them barely audible.

Yes, the drums are loops. :) I'm gonna work on changing them up a little more.

Thanks for the compliment on the bass, it was me playing it, not my bass player. Ha! :)

Back