So is anybody actually using AA 3.0 yet??

WERNER 1

I was just wondering if anyone is actually using AA 3.0 yet, and if so, what their initial thoughts were on the new version :)

Thanks,
Rick

According to their website, it wont ship until November. I still havent decided if I want to upgrade yet. I'm still on AA 1.0 and it works pretty well for me but I'm mainly using it as a wave editor.

No, I don't really use much midi stuff, and if i do, I use reason. I just didn't see what was so great about AA 2.0, just more slick looking, and more taxing on my computer.

and the uber izotope multiband compressor..
i dunno, 3.0 looks really convincing.

but 'to each his own'.
i love 2.0 :D

and the uber izotope multiband compressor..
i dunno, 3.0 looks really convincing.

but 'to each his own'.
i love 2.0 :D
2.0 is the shit, all praise due!!!!!

i have Izotope Ozone, already, actually i don't use Midi so 3.0 can wait, i am interested in hearing some work actually done with it though..... i might switch to Reaper cause i hear it doesn't flood up PC memory.....

Yea it's not out yet.

I'll be using 3.0...because I just got a Vista computer (and I can't change back to XP due to work obligations)

the absolute only reasons I would consider using it instead of 1.5 (that's right... I hate 2.0 too) are:

Editing options for grouped clips
Save time and maintain consistency by grouping clips in Multitrack View, and then trimming and applying fades to them simultaneously.

VST Plug-in Manager

Enable and disable VST plug-ins more easily.

Recordable parameter automation

Move volume, pan, and effects controls as you listen, and record changes to your mix in real time. Changes appear as editable envelopes in the timeline.

Hardware controller automation

Adjust mix and effects parameters using external control devices, and record all your changes in real time.

Audio mixing sends and inserts
Get more flexibility when mixing tracks by creating sends to duplicate signals that are routed to different effects. Add a send to create a separate mix for headphones during a recording session.

Effects chain on all channels, buses, and master
Add effects to the master channel and hear the results even before mixing down to a single file.

VSTi virtual instrument support with MIDI piano roll!!!:D:D:D

It does sound like a pretty serious upgrade to keep it in the running with other programs. I think I'll def. check it out and see how I like the way they implemented all this new fancy doo-dadery.

the absolute only reasons I would consider using it instead of 1.5 (that's right... I hate 2.0 too) are:

It does sound like a pretty serious upgrade to keep it in the running with other programs. I think I'll def. check it out and see how I like the way they implemented all this new fancy doo-dadery.
the upgrades look aiight, just more than i need, seems interesting though!

Editing options for grouped clips
Save time and maintain consistency by grouping clips in Multitrack View, and then trimming and applying fades to them simultaneously.

VST Plug-in Manager
Enable and disable VST plug-ins more easily.

Recordable parameter automation
Move volume, pan, and effects controls as you listen, and record changes to your mix in real time. Changes appear as editable envelopes in the timeline.

Hardware controller automation
Adjust mix and effects parameters using external control devices, and record all your changes in real time.

Audio mixing sends and inserts
Get more flexibility when mixing tracks by creating sends to duplicate signals that are routed to different effects. Add a send to create a separate mix for headphones during a recording session.

Effects chain on all channels, buses, and master
Add effects to the master channel and hear the results even before mixing down to a single file.

VSTi virtual instrument support with MIDI piano roll!!!

ALMOST ALL of those functions are available in AA2,0.
Why do you hate it so much? How many hours did you spend to get know AA2,0?
1 hour (or even 2 hours)?
I’ll definitely go for AA3,0 but this will be an easy jump for me.

ALMOST ALL of those functions are available in AA2,0.
Why do you hate it so much? How many hours did you spend to get know AA2,0?
1 hour (or even 2 hours)?
I’ll definitely go for AA3,0 but this will be an easy jump for me.
lmaooo, actually besides the midi addition, i think i did come across most of those in AA2.0 already, and the ones there that i didn't come across, i didn't have to come across.....

AA-2 is awesome!!!!!!!

AA3 available now

AA3 is available for downloading now (trial and registred versions). First user experiences are reported in Adobe Audition forums.

AA3 is available for downloading now (trial and registred versions). First user experiences are reported in Adobe Audition forums.
It may be interesting to note that if you own any previous versions of Adobe Audition software, you are eligible for the $99 upgrade. However, if you only own previous Cool Edit (Syntrillium) versions, then you are not eligible.

I love my 2.0. Took some getting used to but it's way more stable than 1.0. I'm still trying to get a feel for all the compressors and what not but it's a great program. I doubt I'll be upgrading.

for some reason I never really got into aa 2.0 but i've used 3.0 on a recent project and i'm hooked.. I'll be buying it as soon as i get the cash together.

aa 1.5 was better than 2, as 1.5 was cool edit 2.1, adobe changed it to much and made it worse, AA3 i just got, having problems with the noise reduction so im using cool edit 2 again lmao

Back