So I got this job.

gema

My dad gave me a chance to record a voiceover for something and I'm very nervous as this is my first time doing work like this. I'm just afraid that the recording will sound band or something goes wrong.

I'm very nervous guys!

Help! :eek:

Thanks.

You want help with the nerves, equipment selection, or something else?

What kind of gear ya got?

Either way, good luck - Im sure we'll be able to help out with at least some of the issues you face ahead :)

He wouldn't give you the chance if he didn't think you could do it! Trust your ears and have fun with it.

It always helps to ease the nerves when you guzzle down a few cold beers before you go into anything like that... :D

Good luck!

pikingrin said:
It always helps to ease the nerves when you guzzle down a few cold beers before you go into anything like that... :D

Good luck!

Beers ? I'm 16 ! Haha :p

I went to my dad's friend's studio today and it was still under construction, just hammering some doors and little things to complete it.

He got basic gears, well the one I don't have before but I use Sonar and they use Sonar too so thats good.

Well I guess it all comes down to relaxing... Thanks! :D

Nothing wrong with a bit of nerves. It'll make you a little more attentive. I'd rather work with someone slightly nervous who makes sure to pay attention to what they are doing so that they don't screw up, than work with someone who is so sure of themselves that they allow massive oversights to be made because they didn't dot the i's and cross the t's.

Obviously too much in the way of nerves ain't good, but you are obviously consciencious enough to want to make sure you do a good job. That's a positive thing :)

That and. . .

Bring a picture of someone you're comfortable talking to- and talk to 'em

Works for me...

If I'm doing a commercial for a flower shop- I'll bring in a picture of my wife

etc.

pikingrin said:

I don't think this is good advice regardless of age. If someone is serious about being accepted in a professional capacity - being under the influence or even having booze (or weed) on ones breath is not a good idea.

Maybe in a band situation -at rehearsal or on stage (if the band leader/club owner allows it) - but in a production capacity, no way!

I use to do a fair amount of jingle work and small post production gigs - if a client/music supervisor even suspected that I was not 100% in control I would have been booted in a second - and I think it's safe to say the engineer would not have allowed me within 10' of the control board.

If you have chops - you don't need liquid courage!

Nooo beers...

I will try to calm down abit, it seems pretty manageable as what I will be doing is just vocal recording.

If it is a full band recording then I will go super nerve.

Thanks everyone for the advices!

mikeh said:
I don't think this is good advice regardless of age. If someone is serious about being accepted in a professional capacity - being under the influence or even having booze (or weed) on ones breath is not a good idea.

Maybe in a band situation -at rehearsal or on stage (if the band leader/club owner allows it) - but in a production capacity, no way!

I use to do a fair amount of jingle work and small post production gigs - if a client/music supervisor even suspected that I was not 100% in control I would have been booted in a second - and I think it's safe to say the engineer would not have allowed me within 10' of the control board.

If you have chops - you don't need liquid courage!
I agree 100% with you. It was a joke... ;)

MessianicDreams said:
man..when i was 16 i could legally walk into a bar and order a beer if i felt so inclined. you guys are missing out on all the fun!

We are? Oh. So... last Friday didn't happen, I guess. Shh.

Back