So I could know what to do

kikling

Hey everybody, its me the 15 year old recording engineer. I'm moving up the ladder. Im getting the 20/20 passives!! Yeah I know. Im going to power them with an alesis ra100.
But I need to know how I will setup the monitors. I know I have to plug in the ra100, but how do i get it into my monitors and then, how do I run everything to my computer then out? I have a behringer 802a but i get really bad sound when i go from my soundcard out to my mixers, I mean like fuzz and channels going back and forth. So is it possible to just use my soundcard? I dont know what's on the back of the 20 20s nor the ra100's so if someone could show me pics or explain, i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and good night.

Kikling

10 views, 0 responses? Come on everybody, Im going to get the monitors this morning, please give help. thanks
kikling

I wouldn't go direct from your sound card to the input of the power amp. I mean you could, but it's not going to be a very flexible setup, unless you don't mind unplugging and repluggin things.

I went to Behringer's site and took a look at the mixer. You should be able to just plug your soundcards outputs into channels 5/6 or 7/8. Then take the main output from the board, left and right, to the inputs on your poweramp. From there, speaker wire to your Event's. I don't know if the RA100 has bananna plugs or just barewire screws for connecting the wire. Either works.

Figure out why your sound card is crapping out when it's run to the board. Maybe it's a bad cable, maybe it's the soundcard, maybe the board.

thanks, yeah i already got my monitors and a hafler, 50 watt power amp! It works. im running out of my soundcard to my amp, then amp to speaker wires of the 20/20s. it works, but i think it could be better. Im going to right now try to do what emeric said and go to my mixer. wish me luck. ;) Oh yeah, I decided that me and my friend are going to make our own monitor stands. We are going to take a heavy flat piece of wood, nail to 2 2x4s about a half inch apart facing up, then another flat piece on top. This will hopefully work and save us a $100 ;). Any suggestions for that?
kikling

p.s- You should of seen my dad when I told him I spent $500 on monitors and a AMP. WOOOOH!!! I rather not talk about it

P.P.S- IT was my money anyways, but still....

Dude- if you are running a 50 watt amp through your 20/20's, YOU ARE SERIOUSLY UNDERPOWERING THEM!
It's easier to blow speakers with too little power than too much! If your amp is 4 ohms, you should be OK- but if it's 8 ohms, be very careful. Best bet, get the RA-100 you referred to- I use that setup and it kicks!

Back