So, I bought this SWEET chord organ today...

drummerboy_04AP

hahahaha

$7 at Goodwill. Its one of those Magnus chord organs. I told myself that if there were any instruments in there that I could afford with the money in my pocket, Id buy it :D

So, I was thinking of trying to modify it to make some cool noises with it. Is this at all possible? I was thinking it would be cool if i could somehow install an output jack to connect it to an amplifier. And/or an input jack so I could throw a pedal in the mix haha.

Any ideas (besides recording it while throwing it down a set of stairs :p)

Might have to mic it (it's a wind operated thing, right?)... always ways of making cool noises with it though!! Don't like your chances of an input as such, but you can always put pedals after the mic?

ya, it is wind operated (from the sound of it, more like small-hurricane operated :D) But ya, pedals after the mic will probly work, or even effects after recording i suppose. I had a feeling that there wouldnt be a boatload of options, but if anyone has any other ideas, im willing to experiment

just use it for cheesy accordian like sounds... low tech can be your friend sometimes... it lends itself to honest earthy types...

Back