So has anyone ever heard of a...

Griffinator

Sorry for the disturbance, but that thread about guitars we learned on brought back fond memories of an acoustic guitar I bought at age 18 - $150 used with a hardshell case - it was called a "Cortley" (not a Cort) steel string - beautiful little number with MOP inlays, smooth action, and a sweet tone - I used to use Dean Markley Blue Steels on it - man that guitar was a beauty.

Anyone ever seen "Cortley" acoustics? I recall a few years later trying to locate one of these badboys and having no luck whatsoever. I've seen one in my life since then, and it was so beat up it made me weep.

For anyone who has seen them, did I just get incredibly lucky with the one I had? Or are these really one of the best kept secrets in steel-string acoustics?

Cortley Acoustic

I have one. A Dreadnought, Model CF 75, Serial Number 60940. I bought it(used) in 1980. I love it.......have never seen another one like it. In 1984 I took it to Rose Guitars in Nashville Tn. and the Luthier said he had never heard a louder acoustic. He also told me that the bridge was plastic, it was the first one he'd seed. It was made in Japan.
Cheers.

I actually have a set of Cortley drums that I bought from a friend of mine in college. Sorry...I know it's not a guitar, but you don't see that name very often.

Back