Smoke My Modem

Wow great song. Everything is pretty tight and its pretty damn catchy. Those vocal harnomies sound amazing! How did you record the vocals. During the guitar solo, Near the end when that other effect first comes in and vocals go down, I can't make out whats going on at first then it gets cleared up. But I do think that even though I don't like what ever effect that is, that it needs to come up a bit. Its not good when the listener has to really listen hard to feal whats up front well. But thats just a suggestion... take it or leave it.

Amazing song, and amazing job mixing. You really know what you are doing.

Keep it great.

Ben

Nice song. Very cool sounding, and lots of quality. Everything sounds very good. Nice and clear. I really like the vibe...has a sorta Country/Rock feel to it. Solo at 1:55 is cool. Fits very well. Vocals are way too cool. Nice voice. I really like this.
Ed

Thanks for the comments and compliments guys.

This being a collab, I just dropped the vox in the mix. The guy singing is from
The Netherlands and actually did all the vox editing. All I had to do was a pinch of eq and effects on chorus.

I think what you are describing is when the vox fade out and the synth solo
fades in. I thought it worked ok but maybe not. Sometimes when mixing, things aren't as apparant when you hear them over, and over, and over etc.......

Actually the song wasn't finished but the band seperated and I just did the
best I could with what I had to work with and called it done.

But now the singer and I are gonna continue and do a cd project. So if you
know any good drummers (acoustic kit prefered) lemme know. I am the guitar
player.

Hi

Very good song again. It's sad that you band is breaking up, you have a very good chemistry between the guitar, keyboard, bass, drums and vocals.

Nice work again.

Note: I was listening to Steer Away yesterday as it is one of my favorite song from this board.

/Jack Real.

Woah those vocals are totally great. Nice mix. Really nice mix.
Not my style of music but I really like the mix quality especially the tightness of the voxs.
I would bring the keys up more at the 1 minute part.
Mad panning of the keys. cool.

Thanks ecktronic! Yea, that singer really gets the votes! He got some
KILLER pipes!! His lyric writing is killer too! Great dude to work with!

Back