Small Studio Hookup (Setup)

craigwojo

Hi everyone.
Don't even know where to start (literally). I have a small setup for recording and play-along for when I just want to play. I recently put together a new setup and I AM LOST.
How do I get everything to sync up?
What goes where?

I run a PC with Windows 10.
DAW - Licensed Presonus Studio One 3 Professional
Behringer X-Touch surface controller
MOTU micro express 4x6
Roland SC88
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Foot Controller
Behringer UMC 404HD Audio Interface
M-Audio Keystation 88 Keyboard
M-Audio Oxygen 49 Keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Thank you and God bles,
Craig

I KNOW this is the noob section and "we" are supposed to be kind..but! WTF did you garner all that kit at once and then have not a 'king clue?

The biggest problem is, I do not see any monitors in that pile? Yes, you can use headphones but they are going to be a reet pain to keep on bonce while you plug and test.

I strongly suggest you get some monitors. Go cheap if you have to but make sure they have XLR or at least TRS ("stereo" jack) inputs.
Next a goodly gaggle of cables. XLR male to female 2off at least. TRS to TRS (and TRS to XLR if the monitors are TRS only) MIDI DIN cables, about 6 of those. Probably a few RCA "phono" plug to plug leads. Got a mic? No? Get one, Shure SM57* or a cheaper dynamic PLUS XLR cable!

Then, with apologies (but not a lot) RTFMs! First job: Get the Behringer interface working. It needs to run ASIO drivers and be the ONLY source of sound from the PC . Then install Studio One the "DAW". Play out CD then Youtube. Next try to make a mic recording.

Some of the gear seems duplicate and redundant? For instance the Kstn 88 will run MIDI into the UMC and repro' sounds in Studio One. Sound Modules are a bit passé these days but I guess they still give low latency sounds, should daisy-chain in the UMC MIDI loop.

*I usually recommend an SDC as the first mic but leave us K.I.S.Sir!

Dave.

Definitely get some sort of speakers going, that'll make things a lot easier than dragging phones around all day. Plus a small guitar amp and a couple FX.

Sorry guys. I do have Studio Monitors and studio amps and such. I just dug into the manual, tried to understand their way of direction or instruction and worked through it. Everything seems to be going alright now. Now it's time to dive into using my FCB1010 (with UNO chip) with Guitar Rig 5 and Amplitube.

Back