small pa amp questions

tannerridgeway

i have a phonic powerpod 620 powered mixer running to 2 12 in spekaers. the mixer only runs 100 watts to each speaker. i am looking into getting an external amp to boost the sound of the pa. can i run the powered mixer to the external amplifier then to the speakers?
thanks

Read the manual for your Phonic board. There will be a connection labeled line out/amp out/external amp or something like that. Use that connection to the input of an external amlplifier. DO NOT connect speaker cables to the powered outputs of your board and then try to go to the input of a power amp.

mikemorgan said:
Read the manual for your Phonic board. There will be a connection labeled line out/amp out/external amp or something like that. Use that connection to the input of an external amlplifier. DO NOT connect speaker cables to the powered outputs of your board and then try to go to the input of a power amp.

Mike's advise is right on the money, but the 620 I am pretty sure does not have line outs, so you are not going to be able to do this. You might need a new mixer/amp combo.

jdier said:
Mike's advise is right on the money, but the 620 I am pretty sure does not have line outs, so you are not going to be able to do this. You might need a new mixer/amp combo.

Just get a mixer & amp this time if that's the case. Then you can always upgrade ;)

F.S.

jdier said:

My friend has one of these. the FX bus has a send you can hook to a power amp. If you go to musiciansfriend.com you can download the pdf and it has diagrams in it.

Back