Small Mixers

theshaggyfreak

Currently I use a Behringer UB802, and it works well for me. In the future, though, I may want to step up to something a bit more upscale. In the mean time, I've been scouring through different manufacturers websites to see what they offer. Personally, I'm not looking for much in the way of channels. Since this mixer is solely just for my solo project studio, I only need 2 mic/instrument channels and a couple of stereo channels. Since I don't play drums, I don't need multiple channels for micing them. I do all my drum work virtually, and that works just fine for me. So, here's my problem...I can barely find any mixers that meet my needs. Most of them just have more channels that I'll probably ever need.

Ultimately, this is what I'd like in a mixer: 2 mic/instrument channels with pre's, 2 stereo channels, s/pdif I/O. It would be nice to have some EQ on each channel as well. The rest is gravy for me. Does anything like this exist, or am I going to be stuck buying a huge console if I want to step up in quality.

Right now I'm happy with the Behringer, but I know that I'll eventually want to upgrade. I'd just like to see if anyone knows of other companies I can look into that I might have missed. Thanks in advance!

look for broadcast mixers or "side car" mixers.

usually 8 channels or so, with some sends and groups. some are pretty high quality. you'll have to research...

old yamaha boards ... the ones with transformers in them ... can be cool and cheap.

just look around.. a product such as you describe exists!

i have one, a soundtracs FM configured as an 8X4X2...

Back