Sm57 or SM57LC?

poo

Is there a difference between the SM57 and the SM57LC? or is that just the same mic?
thanks!

it means less cable (LC)... so your paying for or not for the cable, the mic is the same... whether you want their cable, or another cable, or the cable you already may have is up to you

OK, Im bringing this back from the dead :-)

But... the NON LC sm57 doesnt come with a cable either...??

Just wondering about this as I can get a good deal on an "LC" version, just making sure, 10 years later, that they still are the same exact mic...

Thanks!

Jim

Yes, they are literally the same mic. The box is the same, the mic is the same, everything is the same except that one is supposed to come with a cable.

I realize that this is a very old thread, but I'm finding that the SM57 doesn't seem to come with a cable anymore (as the poster from 3 years ago stated). For $99 I can get the mic and sometimes it's labeled "LC" and sometimes it's not, but never comes with a cable.

Is that true?

All of the Shure mics can be ordered with a cable but for the money there are better cables out there, plus very often retailers make up a bit or margin on the cable since Shure mics are so deeply discounted.

Back