sm57 of fender reverb deluxe

rightbrainnow

A couple days ago i worked a strenuous amount of time on miking my 22watt fender reverb deluxe with a 57. I usually crank it, and i crank my guitar...i love the sound of natural tube distortion. I also tend to be pretty heavy with the reverb. Im just not getting good results with the 57. The large, distorted reveryby sound my amp produces is just not sounding well emulated. is the 57 more well suited for tighter distortion?...seems like its jsut not picking up the sense of volume(and i dont mean volume as in decibles...i mean it as in size)

If its suddenly not sounding like it always has before, you might try another mic cable or clean the connectors on the cable and the microphone both. It could be a build-up of something on the cable plugs is causing enough resistance to dull the sound.

Over the years I have had good results with the '57. There are better mikes for sure. Problems with fidelity usually have to do with mike placement and board eq settings.

Try a few mics at once on seperate tracks if possible.

I've had some good results sticking one round the back of the cab, as well some at distance at the front.

Codmate said:
Try a few mics at once on seperate tracks if possible.

I've had some good results sticking one round the back of the cab, as well some at distance at the front.

I did that on a metal band's guitar tracks & that "bottom endy" sound they go for was instant

SM57 @ a 45 degree angle to the grill & the M201 round the back

Creamyapples1 said:
Mic'ing the open back of a cab makes me feel kinda funny. Love it!

LOL the metal felt & looked at me funny

untill they heard it!!!!!!

take fuckin' that thought I as their jaws collectively knocked a hole in my floor

Back