slow the tape down audio effect

spacedye

Vest
hello once again all,
question-
does anyone know of a plug-in effect that creates the "slowed the tape down" effect?
what im trying to do is this. there is a pause in a song and i want it to sound like the tape that is spinning the music has slowed it to a stop. is there any way to do this in sonar xl 2? or does anyone know of a quick plug-in effect that can perform this?
help me out effect-headz...... thanks!

Just reduce the tempo without keeping pitch constant. I know how to do this in Cool Edit but in Sonar XL?????? Let me go home and reply this, there should be a way :)

hmmm, i understand your theory, but i am doing this in audio format, not midi. does that matter? ill have to look into what you said.

Yeah, in SONAR, the tempo map works for MIDI only (unless your wave is "Loop style" based). I guess you'll need external wave editor (and pitch related plugins) to do it.

;)
Jaymz

CEP2 is pretty good for slowing down things, better than SoundForge IMHO. :)

cep2? is that a plug-in? can you point me in the direction for that? or should i just do a google search for it?

I think Mettallica was the first band I heard use this effect. Did you follow the tutorial from KVR? Seems pretty straight-forward to me. Looks like you need to go into your envelope list and select Tape Stop from there? I need to try this. I do like that effect. :)

ed

Back