Sloooooooooow Blues

Hey, that's really nice! Great guitar sound, good overall mix. How live was the recording session(s)?

Please give mine a listen (see my signature line). I too am a Christian bluesy kinda guy, but I think you've got me beat.

God bless ya!

Great picture of your amp. I like how it sounds. Could you tell me more about your amp??, watts, speaker size, etc.

Thx
TS

Hey Dudes! Thanks for the listen and comments. I appreciate it.

OK, about the amp. The preamp is loosely based on the 76-81 2203/2204 Marshall Master Volume Model. EH 12AX7 Preamp tube. Two gain stages before it slams into the tone stack which is your basic Marshall Plexi/Metal Face Tone Stack. Then through the Master Volume directly to the Power Tube via a 1.5k Resistor.

The power amp is Single Ended Class A and produces about 15 loud watts.

Much like the THD Univalve, it's cathode biased so you can use virtually any Octal Power Tube such as the 6L6GC, EL34, 5881, 6550, KT66, etc., without rebiasing. It can also run the 6V6GT with a change of the Cathode Resistor. That can also be made switchable.

Right now, I'm running a JJ 6L6GC in the Amp.

It's wired PTP on a G10 Epoxy Eyelet Board. The circuit for the amp was designed by Phil Rowley at AX84.com.

Controls are Input, Gain, Level, High, Mid, and Low. Standby, Indicator Lights, Power.

The l'il girl responds great to pick attack. Never touched the volume controls when I was tracking that clip.

It's housed in a Custom Oversized (1.25" taller) 5E3 Cabinet by Eric Rombinas of Vermont. The Cab is Poplar Wood. I havn't had the heart to put a finish on it yet and would never cover such a beautiful piece of wood with Tweed or Tolex. I'll get around to it one of these days though. I'll either Tung Oil it or stain it.

Right now the cab has a Peavey 12" Blue Marvel Speaker in it that came out of my Peavey Prowler 112 Tube Amp. A speaker upgrade is coming. But the Amp is so rich sounding that it makes just about any speaker I have tried sound decent.

APL;

Gave your toon a bunch of listens Bro! You have the Neil Young thang down pat. The Lead Geetar even sounds like it's coming through his 5E3 Deluxe Tweedster.

I can't take credit for the Backing Track for this. It's a cyberjam we have been doing at CMF. As far as my part goes, I Mic'd the Bluesbuster with a Behringer XM8500 Dynamic offset about 30 degrees from center and tracked it while the music was blasting through my SP-5B Monitors. Just shut my eyes and let go. One take.

Here's a link to my Blues Rock Demo on NWR:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=56&20030416213909#11501

Give em a listen if ya like.

Anyway, here's another pic of her...

Thanks again!

CR ><>

Attachments

• BB1a-R1.JPG
    BB1a-R1.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 79
apl said:
LOL! I used a Carvin DC135 to the Digitech RP50 (only $60) right into the soundcard!

Thanks for listening.

Nothin at all wrong with that as long as it sounds good and it does! My first Processor was a Zoom 505II. Still have it. Travels in one of my geetar flight cases all the time.

90% of the guitars on my Demo are through a V-AMP2.

Still enjoying your toon Bro!

CR ><>

That's a nice clean tone you've got there.

No buzzing from any tubes, that's great.

I wish I had the talent to build my own amp, you are blessed with a nice talent there.

And cool guitar chops, too!

Have you thought about building amps for sale? ;)

VI

Village Idiot said:
That's a nice clean tone you've got there.

No buzzing from any tubes, that's great.

I wish I had the talent to build my own amp, you are blessed with a nice talent there.

And cool guitar chops, too!

Have you thought about building amps for sale? ;)

VI

Dougie;

Good to see ya Bro! Thanks man!

As far as selling these li'l beasts, yep, I am. I have gotten addicted to building amps. :eek:

http://www.geocities.com/woodcrossamps/

CR ><>

Back