Finished Heavy Blues Rocker!

Axe4Yahweh

OK, this is the last time through with this lil toon unless I completely botched it with the suggested tweaks from the last time.

It's a Drivin Blues/Rock tune and I'm going for a "Live" feel to it. I've comapared it to several of my favorite Live toons from the old days and I think I have captured the essence.

Give it a listen and let me know whacha think.

His Hand (On Me} @

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=56

I left up the last mix titled simply His Hand @

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=-1

for comparison.

Thanks;

CR ><>

Cool rif Axe,
I think you did a pretty good job of getting a live sound for not being live...good playing and a good mix. I think the new one is better, but the difference is subtle. After everybody wakes up , i can listen to it louder for a better comparrison.
If you want, check out the live blues tune that I just posted also.
thanks for sharing it!
Jason

Actually...I kinda like the first mix a little better, bro...

The drums sound a little too up in the mix this time around.

Can hear the bass a little better...Are you playing the bass? nice!

The first mix overall sounds more "live" to my ears.

What did you do this time different, mix-wise?

If my band is ever out your way, we would love to play this tune for ya!

We dig this tune.

VI

Hey Axe,

Nice chops there. The new mix sounds better to me, but than again, I'm listening on cans.
I love that driving feel. It sounds just like being in a club. You really nailed it.

Good one!

Oren

This captures a lot of what I think you're going for. I like this mix the best so far. My only complaint is the bright slap back off of the kit. Maybe needs some low pass on the verb.

Jason;

Thanks for the listen and comments! I did give that Live recording of your's a listen. Good Stuff!

Douglas;

Thanks for the listen. Yep, that's me on bass. First time I ever played Bass. I did everything on this but the Drums. Sharon is on the DTXpress set.

The tweaks that I put in from suggestions the last time through with this tune were:

I tweaked the Delay on the Vox

The Drum Tracks were cut 2db at 4k and 16k and 3db at 8k to save Sam's ears.

Tweaked the Verb on the Drum Tracks.

Lead Guitar was kicked up 2.5db overall instead of just boosting it through the Solo.

3db cut at 8k on the Lead guitar.

2db cut on the Rythym Guitar at 400 and 2.5k using the n-Track Para EQ.

Oren;

Hey man! Thanks for the listen and encouraging words. Glad you enjoyed it.

Doug H;

This captures a lot of what I think you're going for. I like this mix the best so far. My only complaint is the bright slap back off of the kit. Maybe needs some low pass on the verb.

Thanks for the multiple listens Bro! About where would you recommend that I do the Low Pass cut?

CR ><>

I'm not sure how you're setting up your reverb so I can't really say. In particular the first bounce of the hihat is what I'm getting a lot of. Don't know if that verb is on the drums or the whole mix, sounds like it's on the drums, so if I had to say that would be my call.

edit: to directly answer the question, I'd say dial in a bit of low pass on the drum reverb track. I dunno, maybe it's an idea, maybe not.

Doug

Definitely has a live feel! I think you have what you are going for. I thought I was listening to a live show!

:)

:cool:

Sorry Y'all! My fiancee came down for a couple of weeks and I haven't been online much.

Doug H;

Thanks Bro! I'm running Verb on the output and the Vox is Doubled with different delays on each one. There's no Verb on anything but the output now.

boydrj;

Thanks for the listen and the comment, Bro! I appreciate it!

Back