SLM Electronics Replacement speakers

Uladine

Where do I find them?

Its time to replace my speakers in my 4x12 speaker cab, which are 16 ohm presumably 50 watt speakers made by SLM (St. Luis Music) Electronics. Although one of these speakers is starting to go, I really like they way they sound and want to get more of the same kind, but in 8 ohm, 75 watt versions. Does anyone know where to get SLM Electronics Speakers?

I checked St. Luis Music's website, plus all of their sub companies, (Crate, Ampeg, etc.) and I can't find a way to get just speakers. I don't want to replace my ampeg cab because it sounds good and its really light. I have a budget of $200, which isn't much, and my only other option I know of is $40 Eminence Replacement speakers, and I have no idea how they sound.

A lot of SLM speakers are made by eminence. If you look at the side of the magnet, there will be a grey sticker with the eminence part # (if it is eminence). Either way, I work for a repair center that is SLM authorized. If you get me some numbers to work with, I can get the drivers for you. (Cabinet model # or numbers off of the speakers themselves). Also, this is not a sales pitch. If you want to get them elsewhere, it makes no difference to me. However, I'd be happy to get SLM or Eminence part numbers for you if you like.

I sincerely hope you're not talking about that ripoff 4x12" Ampeg box that Guitar Center was selling for a couple of years.

'3/4" PLYWOOD CONSTRUCTION' that turned out to be 5/8" particle board and the cheapest, cheesiest 12" speakers I have ever seen in my entire life, flea-market jobs that would be overpriced at $4.95. They were marked "St. Louis Musical" and had that sort of iridescent-gold anodized finish on the frames and magnets about big enough to hold up notes on your refrigerator door.

I've been told that these awful speakers showed up in some low-end Crate boxes too. If these are what you have, do yourself a favor and dump them for real speakers. They're not Eminence. They're not anything. They don't even have US identity codes on the frames.

Thanks for the heads up bongolation, but I actually really liked the way these cheapo speakers sounded. My only problem was that they were 16 ohm and the cab only handles 200 watts. I rewired the speakers to 4 ohms collectively so my rig would be louder and I ended up cranking my 300 watt amp really loud and one of the speakers is showing some "speaker fart" at lower volumes.

I'm looking for 8 ohm, 75 watt speakers to replace them with, and since I liked the sound of these before I abused them, I want to try similar speakers if I can get them at a price that would make it worth while to not go ahead and get some eminence speakers anyway.

I wrote down what I saw on the speakers, which isn't much:

SLM Electronics
Acoustic Lab
86-450-16
16 ohm
6 2001

the cabinet model is V-412

If you can get me prices on 8 ohm, 75 watt versions I would appreciate it. If those don't exist, maybe I'l get one 16 ohm speaker to replace the damaged one until I can get some celestions.

Yes the cabinet is a cheapo, but I really liked the way it sounded for the price. I also liked the sound of those el cheapo 16 ohm peavy cabs.

audio centron ace-2ta

I have audio centron ace-2ta specker that the horn is not working on full range but it does work in bais mode. I look for a parts list and a Schematic to see if i can fix it.

Thanks

looking for a plug plate for my Crate 412 guitar cab. It's stereo with and extension out and a 4/8/16 ohm switch. bet you have them by the bin!

Damn.... 14 or thereabout years later. That has to be the longest necro post for quite some time. Well done, fella! :thumbs up:

Back