Slap Bass

tsl92802

Hello everyone, I've done some searches to no avail, and messed around for hours, but just can't get this sounding as I'd like it to. I've tried a couple different basses, and there is a very confident talented bassist behind it, so it's not performance related. I can't see to get very good/consistant compression no matter what i do. Either it's just much too punchy, or too crushed and I can't see to get an inbetween. EQ is a small issue too...this however, I haven't experimented enough with to really call it a problem that I can't fix. Any suggestions on either would be great. I understand every track is different etc, but hitns on what you did with your tracks would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I think the quickest way out of this is to give up.

The 2nd quickest way is to post a link of the Bass
then post another link or name the bass sound from a particular song that you are hoping to emualte/make your own.

I just recorded a bass track that I slap the fuck out of. I ran it through a JoeMeek VC1Q(the original one) and gave it as much compression as I could. I cut the lows and highs and boosted the mids. It came out pretty good. I'll post a link in a bit.

Back