Skins

Hi ron-e-g
I'm not @ my machine now , but off the top of my head
say you got two gtr trks add another pull it above the other trks then, I think it's like 3lines in top left side of trk panel( just above the trk name) well, klik that & it'll say trk becomes folder & all the trks below that are in it, klik on the last trk (bottom right corner) & it'll say last trk in folder) & that's it basically,, not a very good explanation but I do it without thinking now!

anyway all this & LOADS more is in the manual it's FREE to download & read:RTFM: http://www.cockos.com/reaper/userguide.php:)

Imperial.PNGThanks Jiff. But... I think the layout is different in in the Imperial theme, and not covered in the Reaper manual. Maybe I'm wrong, but I couldn't get the same response from the Imperial theme as the Reaper videos that I have studied.

Sorry man you are right, :spank: I think there must be a bug, which I will get on the case.

In the meantime here's a workaround for you,try this as a test

create 4 trks in imperial, select the 4

then open action list & in top right section select MAIN(alt rec) 2nd down

then in filter type "folder"

then slide to bottom of list & look for XENAKIOS/SWS. select trks as folders

hit RUN & CLOSE

and that should create a folder for you?

I had only used my newly installed version on projects that already had folders but when I tried it this morning I see it!! :eek:

All I do on the Imperial theme to group tracks is create a new empty track, name it and then hold shift and left mouse click the tracks I want to group (select/highlight them) then drag and drop those tracks on to the new track. Done. Takes about 2 seconds.

All I do on the Imperial theme to group tracks is create a new empty track, name it and then hold shift and left mouse click the tracks I want to group (select/highlight them) then drag and drop those tracks on to the new track. Done. Takes about 2 seconds.

Is that a folder tho? :)

Thanks jiff...that "work around" does work.

And Thanks Mr Clean. Haven't tried your method yet, but it does sound Faster!

Bang on Mr Clean! :eatpopcorn:

((<< IF>>)):cursing: I'd read the instructions on the download page it states you have to use the drag-n-drop method in the TCP for bussing! :RTFM:

I think I was so excited when I realized I now have a screen big enough to use this theme I got carried away & didn't read the whole page!
It also says to make a couple of changes in the prefs(don't think it's vitally important tho, but i'll see what they do!)

Thanks Mr Clean :thumbs up:

SO as always REAPER is FULL of surprises & you're constantly learning!! :o

Back