Skies Go Dark

Damn nice.

Good lyrics. Love the piano. You have a nice voice. Reminds me a little of Lou Barlow. Mix and quality wise, perfect. I like how it ends as well...that last piano key strike-nice. Glad I could be the first to comment on this one. Please keep sharing.

The vox are particularly effective with the close mic work.
There are a few lines I'd loved to have heard some serious double tracking and 1 3 harmony on.
As it is this is a very good piece. Your playing is economical yet sketches more than chunk chords behind the melody - subtlely done.

Very nice.

As a minimalist recording, there's really nothing I can suggest you improve. The production is simple and done right.

I have a complaint. I'm hearing a thump. sounds like you have the pedal sound turned up a little loud on your piano, but it could be something else.

Unless that's an upright bass. it sounds more like a thump to me.

Maybe I'm wrong. I might take back this comment after a few listens, but I like to go with my initial reaction before my ears get numb.

I have a complaint. I'm hearing a thump. sounds like you have the pedal sound turned up a little loud on your piano, but it could be something else.

Unless that's an upright bass. it sounds more like a thump to me.

Maybe I'm wrong. I might take back this comment after a few listens, but I like to go with my initial reaction before my ears get numb.

There is an upright bass, which I ended up mixing really low because the sound we got with it was too...well, it pulled a lot of attention its way no matter what I did. All I really needed was for it to help fill out the low end, so I fed it in quiet.

Back