Sir

DrSpankenstein

How do Iget Sir reverb to work. I have been searching the archives but no luck. I get the program loaded up fine, but can' get the impulses loaded. When I open the files it is looking for .fxb files. I change it to all files and try to load the waves in... nada.

How do I set the latency? Or do I need to.

thanx,

dave

Glad you figured it out, Dr. Apparently, you were trying to open a preset instead of an impulse WAV, huh?

When you say' change the latency', are you talking about within SIR or N? The only option i'm aware of is within N; on the Options page within Properties (Ctrl-P). There's a checkbox called Compensate Plugins Latency.

tj

yeah I was trying to load the presets at first. Then I thought about it for more than a second and figured it out.

I will check that out. The problem I am having is the sound will be a few miliseconds or so off. I was reading that SIR has a set latency so I thought that maybe the problem.

thanks for your input

You're welcome. You aren't the first who has seen a problem with SIR in that regard; it's been discussed on the n-Track forum a number of times. I've encountered it myself if i add SIR then remove it. After removing SIR, the track stays offset for a latency that SIR is no longer adding. A restart of N usually solves the problem.

I'm in the habit of enabling/disabling a plug numerous times in order to hear what's being done to the track. With SIR, i've learned not to disable it at the n-Track level (the Bypass button N adds to the left of every plugin), but within SIR itself (look for the On and Off buttons below both the Dry and Wet LEDs.

tj

Back