SIR and Sonar 4.0

davefromfade

Has anyone gotten SIR to work correctly in Sonar? I'm not really having any latency issues as much as I'm getting a ton of crackles and pops now that I'm running multiple tracks with SIR. Basically, I'm sending the output of Track 1 to Bus 1 and inserting a SIR effect on Bus 1. I'm then sending the output of Bus 1 to Master. I've tried this using the Send on Track 1, but I am yet to figure out how to use Sends in Sonar. If anyone can shed light on the Sends for me and how they work, that would be great. So, how is everyone using SIR in Sonar correctly? I've read something about delaying the bus using a free program I downloaded, but I can't really figure out how to use that either. HELP!!

You are lucky you can get it to work at all - I have a very decent machine but it won't even start to work. :(

i figured out what was wrong with the help of some very knowledgeable folks in the cakewalk newsgroups. i had to raise my latency. as soon as i did that, wallah! all issues went away. give that a try and see if it helps.

davefromfade said:
i figured out what was wrong with the help of some very knowledgeable folks in the cakewalk newsgroups. i had to raise my latency. as soon as i did that, wallah! all issues went away. give that a try and see if it helps.

So what did you do exactly? I am curious because even if i change my latency settings, I still cannot get SIR to work.

What spec machine have you got and what settings did you use? Thanks.

Back