singing vs speaking in key

Nola

what do you think about it? i kinda like to speak in key (or try to be in key at least) except for louder parts where the demons come flying out.

is there a method to help speak in key better like do you still need to do all the diaphragm stuff?

You mean like what Cake does?

yeah and lou reed. but i think a lot of guys do it... like beck, and even bob dylan sometimes.

maybe it's closer to rapping than singing? but to do that style do you still need to do all the diaphragm stuff? my friend said i'm flat sometimes because i'm not getting enough air, but i didn't think i needed air to just talk in key

yeah and lou reed. but i think a lot of guys do it... like beck, and even bob dylan sometimes.

maybe it's closer to rapping than singing? but to do that style do you still need to do all the diaphragm stuff? my friend said i'm flat sometimes because i'm not getting enough air, but i didn't think i needed air to just talk in key

You don't need air? But that is how the voice works. Not enough air, you won't reach the pitches you are trying to approximate with speaking in a key.

Back