Simplest Reverb... old or new..under $600.00

BeBop

I just want a simple reverb...no pages to scroll through, a few tweaks would be just fine but I find the newer lex's to complicated and overloaded with stuff I;ll never use.

Any recomendations for a simple reverb unit less all the other whacky effects??

Bebop

To answer your question, you will need to provide some more info. What is your recording set-up and what type of connection do you want to use.

If you need an S/PDIF connection then the Lexicons are a good choice. If you would be happy with a reverb that runs through the Aux send and returns on a mixing board, you would have a lot more options.

Also, do you really want just a reverb or do you need delay as well?

Might work, sure is simple...

I'm not sure if this is the "type" of reverb sound your going for but if you want simple.........
Fender.....gibson........etc.. all make reverb tanks that all they do is reverb and it's great sounding reverb......(FOR GUITAR) but it just might sound cool in a recording set up as well. Just a thought. I think there's only one knob. Other wise you'll have to get a digital unit thingy and have more knob to play with. Truthfully any multifx unit will have preset sounds. For example, my Midiverb 4 has vocal plate, vocal room, large hall, small hall, etc. I usually just pic one and go. Pretty simple.

Good Luck in your search for simplicity in verb......
Jason

i know you said you didnt want a lexicon, but if you want something very minimal and with "a few tweaks", the budget mpx100 might be what you're looking for,

The old half fack LXP-1 is nice. Has a set of general presets, mostly verbs and some effects, with decay and pre-delay knobs.

The simplest Reverb?

This is the oldest and simplest reverb.....
Under $600. Too!

1. Run a signal out of your board using an AUX Send or EFFECTS send to a guitar amp placed in a live room (Like a kitchen or a bathroom).
2. Place a mike in the same area but on the other side of the room mabye 12 Ft away.
3. Send only the tracks you want reverb on to the Guitar amp/Room Mic.
4. Slowly bring up the fader on the room mic until you achieve the desired amount of reverb.

:p Very Cool Natural reverb, adjust mic position and tone settings on the amp for additional control.

Dom Franco

Back