simplest of simple pro tools question

Flick

Hello everyone. Here is my problem.

I just got a digi 001 and am getting into pro tools LE. I have constructed a little ditty in pro tools, and try to bounce to disc. I use the wave selection, stereo interleaved,16 bit 44.1 sample rate. I try to burn a cd using nero and it gives me an invalid file error, saying nero cannot read the file.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and wondering if anyone had any similar problems in the past. Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thanks!

simple pro tools question yet no responses....huh

anyway, i probably don't have the answer but what kind of file do you end up with. Is it a SDII file or a wav file. I don't really know nero so I don't know what kind of files it can read. Have you also tried just playing the file from your computer in media player or something like that, to make sure it's the file that is wrong and not Nero.

From the Digi AnswerBase

http://answerbase.digidesign.com/detail.cfm?DID=7978

Question: When burning an Audio CD with Nero Burning ROM 5.5.7.8, it doesn't accept audio files that were bounced to disk from Pro Tools LE 5.1.1. This used to work fine in older versions of Nero Burning ROM.

Answer: It is a known bug that some versions of NERO do not read Pro Tools .wav files. This bug has been fixed in NERO 5.5.9 and higher.

Workarounds:
Save as .AIFF
or
Open and save the audio files in another application as .WAV.

Back