Simple 2 track ballad

groucho said:
Wow, in a lot of ways this thread showcases everything that's tedious about the internet:

One guy posts just expressing some thoughts.

Some other people take that to mean he's somehow prescribing behavior for others.

What in real life would simply be a conversation - or *exchange* of ideas - of course turns into some silly "debate".

I do think that there's a lot of speed-reading happening. In fact I've often suspected in the past that people rarely even bother to read most of what they're responding to.

And of course there's the usual condescending "fanboy" remarks. (I'm amazed the word "dicksucking" never appeared:) - webusers love that homo-erotic imagery) directed at anyone who recognizes another's skill.

It's all getting almost totally predictable, isn't it...

Chris
Couldn't have said it better myself, Chris.

I don't think there's a need to over-analyze Tom's posts here. Sounds like he wants to make a change in direction in his musical focus. Good for him. I don't reckon I've met a single musician that didn't go through "evolutionary" changes like this, a number of times, in their musical endeavors.

WATYF

WATYF said:
Couldn't have said it better myself, Chris.

I don't think there's a need to over-analyze Tom's posts here. Sounds like he wants to make a change in direction in his musical focus. Good for him. I don't reckon I've met a single musician that didn't go through "evolutionary" changes like this, a number of times, in their musical endeavors.

WATYF

I think I went backwards in the evolutionary scale, now that the banjo has bitten me in the ass in the worse kind of way. I haven't had the urge to "plug in", and I must say, I feel refreshed!!

Back