Similar VSTi to Cakewalk Studio Instruments?

Rinox

Hi guys! I really need a symphony orchestra/string section VST instrument in my studio. I tried the one that comes with Cakewalk Studio Instruments and I thought it was really good and simple to use. However, unfortunately it didn't work once I tried to playback my recordings. The notes got stuck and I found out this is problem that has excisted since at least 2008 and haven't been solved yet.
Soo.. Do any of you guys have any recommendations for what plugin I should buy? I'd like something similar to the string section in Studio Instruments.

BTW, I'm a Cubase 5 user. Thanks :)

Ooh, that's a bit of a nasty string vi that one. I see it's on sale now for 9.99 from $199.
Kontakt sampled libraries and Garritan are very nice for mid range strings.

If you got the bucks to spend Kontakt or Komplete is the top end.

If you want something free, download the free SFZ soundfont player from Cakewalk.
Then you can use any of the billion soundfonts out there - and there are good big ones with high-quality sounds.
For full GeneralMidi sets I use Unison or Cadenza or Fluid.
Tons of 'em over at www.hammersound.net or sf2midi.com

I have a budget on about $200. I thought of Steinberg's Halion Symphonic Orchestra (however, then I'd have to pay a little more) but I'm not quite sure. You see, the genres I'm recording are mainly Pop/Rock, and those genres really don't require the best symphonic orchestras out there..:confused: However, I had a look at Komplete and I'm willing to buy that one if you guys still think it's a good choice?

You still think Garritan, Kontakt and Komplete are good choices considering the genres I record? Because I'm not aiming to become the next Hans Zimmer or anything ;)

Back