shure sm57 ???

tool

hi, im trying to select a mic to record my guitars for my demos.
I want something that records distortion good.my style is deftones - radiohead. hope that helps.
can you recommened a mic for this?

Yup, the ol' sm57 is the stand-by for electric guitars. Everyone should have 1 or 2 (or 6) in their mic locker.

Ya kinda can't go wrong with it. You'll end up using it for years no matter what other "better" mics you eventually end up getting.

Good choice.
Chris

Kinda like an ugly girl in a bar, the 57 is waiting for you at closing time when everything else you tried didn't work, and looking more desireable by the minute.

Another vote for the tried and true. If the SM57 can't capture it, it might be the source that needs fixing.

philboyd studge said:
Kinda like an ugly girl in a bar, the 57 is waiting for you at closing time when everything else you tried didn't work, and looking more desireable by the minute.

What an analogy!

No! No! No!
The 57 totally sucks man.

This is the mic you need...
sm57_new.jpg

.........\\|//..............
........///|\\\............
-oOO--(_)---OOo--
-------PEACE--------
><>eYEslIkEfIRE<><

SM57: It's Used By Those Who Know

Last time the Rolling Stones toured, they
had a custom system built costing over
3 Million. So what did Keith and Ronnie
mike their amps with? Good ol 57s. If
your playing don't sound good with one,
hit the woodshed.

57's are great and I own tons of them. However if you want more of a "modern" sound which is more accurate response-wise, try out the Audix D3. It's not as hot as the 57, but is definitely a sweet mic.

Hey Long Wave Studio -

Why would you need 12 57s. I admit that they're great mics, and I own a couple of them, but why that many?

Back