Shure KSM27 - $199 blowout?

mcmd

Shure KSM27 $199 at MF and Sweetwater.

Are these being discontinued?
Would this be much of an upgade from my AT3035 for vocals and acoustic guitar?

Thanks,
mcmd

Shure KSM27 $199 at MF and Sweetwater.

Thanks,
mcmd

1) Yes, they are being discontinued. (Or so I hear).

2) Don't know if it'd be an improvement over the 3035. I've got a 3035, but never used a KSM27. Sorry.

I've got both, but haven't used either very much. But I'll say: Kind of a different sound. Maybe an improvement, depending on the guitar and the voice, but maybe not. Definitely not a solid replacement.

The KSM-27 is being replaced with a new SM model. So yes, this particular model number is going away, but the mic will remain in a slightly different form.

I have one that I preferred over an AT2020 for spoken voice and guitars, 3035 is a similar model to the 2020. For sung voice, however, I preferred the AT.

edited: - read about 100 other posts about the KSM.. and still unsure if it would be a good mic for me. lol. But it has definitely already been discussed with regards to At2020, AT3030, SP mics, etc...

Last edited:
Hmm.. i see Musician's Friend also has them at 199$ now.

Anyone else want to chip in on this? If anyone has used both, would the Shure KSM27 be a big improvement over an AT2020 for rock style vocals (Tragically Hip, Weezer, Counting Crows type stuff i guess)
What do you mean "chip in" ? Do people split the cost and have time-share priviledges? :confused:

I've got both, but haven't used either very much. But I'll say: Kind of a different sound. Maybe an improvement, depending on the guitar and the voice, but maybe not. Definitely not a solid replacement.

I have a 3035, and have used the KSM27. antichef's statement is accurate, they're about on the same level. I personally preferred the 3035. (by a hair)

Back