shure beta sm57a?

The 57 beta is much brighter-sounding than the 57... it's simply another color for the palette, but it is NOT the same sound as a 57.

I was going to buy a SM57 after reading posts saying that it recorded very nicely for vocals as well as instruments. And to think I always thought 57s were for kick drums, hehe.

I hope its OK if I ask a different but related question. Since I know people will want details, here goes:
What mic do you think would be best for micing a Fender Princeton Chorus? I use a fair amount of the amps chorus and distortion at times, but I also want a mic that can capture my amps clean tones. Options are the Shure SM57, beta 57a, and Senn e609.

pdadda said:
I hope its OK if I ask a different but related question. Since I know people will want details, here goes:
What mic do you think would be best for micing a Fender Princeton Chorus? I use a fair amount of the amps chorus and distortion at times, but I also want a mic that can capture my amps clean tones. Options are the Shure SM57, beta 57a, and Senn e609.

Either of those will work fine. IMHO

Blessings, Terry

Back