Shure 16a capsules for mic build

Dj Subjective

Hi there guys, though id come here to ask some questions, as ive been all over the net and cant decide what way to go with this.

I just got given 4 new unused shure 16a capsules, and seeing as i was in the market for getting some mic's for my drumkit and for other stuff i though why not make some.

Now i know these are for pencil condensers, and they aint so good reproducing the low range, which suits me for overheads as im gunna get a SM57 for the top of the snare and ive made a great kick mic out of a denon speaker. ive got a SE mini which goes on the hats, and im looking to make overheads and a bottom snare mic out of the Shure 16a's.

the only tech info i can get is es.shure.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webcontent/us_pro_16a_ug.pdf

Im not shy with the soldering iron and im gunna make them frm scratch. i need some solid info on a god condenser design that doesnt run a battery as im running 48 phantom on them to reduce the size of the body & because i dont see the point if iv got phantom anyway. i do however want to make a powered mic with the left over capsule for use with my canon 660D. but that can wait, i got these caps, im itching to get some parts and make these mics so any help would be great guys.

Back