Shouldn't this Basic setup work??

Okay,, Got it working and basically loving life for the moment with one exception. While I like the concept and operation of "Drop and Drag Drummer" the 115 bpms limitation really sucks! Is there a compatible(with CW Guitar tracks 2) virtual drum program that I can use? Drum tracks 3.0 maybe?

Drum Trax? is a MIDI program. You didn't mention whether you were using MIDI in your original post. Midi will go up 250 bpm. I download drum patterns from Samplenet.com they have all kinds of interesting drums as well as a lot of other samples. There also sound editors like Sound Forge that can speed up audio samples....and sound like John Mclaughlin on crank.....cool

As I said in my original post,I am brand new to digital. Forgive me if I lack the knowledge of terms to get my point across adequately. I know nothing about midi. What in essance I am looking for is,a way to speed up the D+D drummer. The reason I brought up Drumtrax is I read somewhere else that it was possible to run my Alesis SR16 with Drumtrax using the same midi cable that I use out of my SB card to edit my Pod. Is this possible and if so can someone point me in the right direction to the info on how to do this (in laymens terms if possible). The sound and ease of use of the D+D drummer is cool but the limited speed is a pain.

You are on the right track. Read the MIDI tutorial on this forum. The alesis I assume is a drum machine?...I'm not sure exactly how to configure your system but you are already using midi to edit pod on sound diver. You can use DDDrummer midi files as well as audio.Your sound card probably has a drum set on it General Midi channel 10.or midi out to drum machine.

Read the cakewalk tutorials and familiarize yourself with the basics....midi is a great tool and one of the advantages of Cake over purely audio recorders such as Vegas etc......Also don't hesitate to ask Cakewalk techs to help you configure your stuff...they have good info and usually respond in a day or so.

Just my 2 cents - using zip disks for archiving audio files could get expensive after a while. One project could easily use a hundred or more megs, which means you use one zip disk (around 6-8 dollars) for two projects. On the other hand, a CDr costs about 50 cents and has 650 megs, which could hold 3 or more projects.

Just a thought for you to consider.

By the way, I'm a guitar player too and have been hearing a lot of good stuff about the POD. Anybody ever ran a classical through one? My instrument is really the electric, but I've been recording a lot with a classical lately.

Lee
http://leemuller.iuma.com

Back