Should I upgrade?

Fret

So, I’m hoping to upgrade to Sonar 3 but can someone tell me how well it runs on a PIII 933?

I've tested, It runs good on my second DAW with PIII 866. CPU power is friendly for ~ 10 tracks mono audio 24bit/48KHz running 1~2 plugins each. But you must know that CPU power is not the only factor to consider. Motherboard, RAM, HD speed, configuration, soundcard, Windows version and utility etc matter alot... :)

;)
Jaymz

I guess the question should be, how does it compare to Sonar 1.31 on a per track or per plug-in/performance basis. Ex “I upgraded to 3 and my fifteen track program no longer plays well. Now I can only use 10 tracks with 1 plug-in per track.” Or something like that. 10 tracks with 2 plug-ins per track seems a little light. I would really prefer the freedom of 15 tracks with 3 plug-ins each.

You could download one of those incomplete cracks on kazaa to try it on your computer, then if it works ok buy the reall good version.

I know it is not a legit way to do things but if it can help you, why not?

lapieuvre said:
You could download one of those incomplete cracks on kazaa to try it on your computer, then if it works ok buy the reall good version.

I know it is not a legit way to do things but if it can help you, why not?

Because Cakewalk offers you the demo version available to download. This BBS doesn't deal with ilegal file sharing/warez, nor suggesting people use it. You're warned...

Back