Should I keep 'em...or send 'em back?

Jagular

OK...here's the scoop.

I got 2 MXL 603s mics for Christmas. My Mom ordered them from 8th Street Music. She got the package with the two mics and cables for $155. I actually asked for the stereo pair package for $200 with the nice case & shockmounts.

So here's the question:

8th street said they would exchange them for the more expensive package. Is it worth sending these back? Are the stereo pair likely to be better matched or is the extra $45 really just for the case and the shockmounts? Is it worth paying for shipping these back and the shipping on the new pair? If that's the case, I'll probably just order the shock mounts and be done with it.

So what do you think? I guess what it comes down to is if the stereo pair advertised is better matched.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

If they are a matched pair - Id hope they are closer matched
If they are just a plain ole stereo pair - it will be the same as buying two random ones.
Is the extra exp the shockmounts and case - probably
Is it worth it? Thats for you to decide. Id get the case and shockmounts if it were me.
Ask if they are factory matched or not.

If you like the ones you have why can't they just ship you the case and shockmounts? The ones at 8th aren't factory matched.

Thanks guys!!!

tdukex - thats a great idea. That's exactly the info I was looking for. If the stereo pair isn't factory matched, then there probably is no use sending them back (unless I got a stinker). I'll play with them a little and see how they sound. Good idea on the shipping of the case & mounts. That's probably what I'll do.

Thanks again!! :)

Jagular said:
If the stereo pair isn't factory matched, then there probably is no use sending them back (unless I got a stinker).
The Marshall MXL603SPR is a "matched" stereo pair of mics.

Back