should I change the bass all together?(reggae style)

Heavy handed use of vocal tuners has been common for quite a while, but usually in a throwaway pop context. This song seems to want more gravitas.

Thanks Tobe, anyone that has any comments besides what i've stated as the obvious? Tuners are the hottest effect trend in current Reggae music btw, they are incorporated into most mixes .:D

Im not sure of the kick drum sound, id like to hear a different sample..maybe something from an airbase or even an 808 would maybe work better, I think it needs more of a click as its very close to the bass in sound...what were you using for it?

I think sort the kick out and the bass will be much clearer

The vocal effect didnt bother me too much but did take up much of the soundstage...maybe if if was taken back a notch it would maybe fit in better..I think the organ could come up a little too

nice job though...and you're right it does have good potential

Thanks Kc, for the kick I used a sound from "am kicklab". I'll try what you've suggested and see if I can fit a better kick in there. Listening to it again, the vocals sound a little too seperated from the rest of the mix, so maybe I'll try to tweak the eq and volume on some of the other instruments as well as redoing the vocals.. I thought the vocals were in a good space and everything else needed to come up around them.. lol...

Thanks Kc, for the kick I used a sound from "am kicklab". I'll try what you've suggested and see if I can fit a better kick in there. Listening to it again, the vocals sound a little too seperated from the rest of the mix, so maybe I'll try to tweak the eq and volume on some of the other instruments as well as redoing the vocals.. I thought the vocals were in a good space and everything else needed to come up around them.. lol...

haha yeah its either mix round the vocals or mix round the kick/bass..Im mostly instrumentals so the choice is made for me :)

if you struggle finding a kick sample lemme know as I have a fair sized library of them and I could send a few samples...you could always bring in down in volume and layer a clicky kick on top..that may do it :drunk:

Back