Should I buy myself the At4040

arsenaultk9

Ok so I've been searching on my own, I checked many posts and I've made up my mind what I want is a at4040, but I need your help to tell me If I'm making the good choice here. Ok I've checked up the at4040 mic and I could see that it a very useful mic to make a bit of everything and that has a condenser in it. So I'm asking is the at4040 worth buying since I've already got an shure SM58, but anything else I want to be able to get a better sound out of vocals with the ability to do more than juste vocals miccing. Also I've notice that AT4040 the AT4040 is the mic that is the most affordable for my budget since I don't got much more.

Thank you and sorry for not beeing so clear.

They are excellent and versatile. You really can't go wrong with it.

I have a 4033 and use it on Vox and acoustic instruments. Good for drum overheads too.

The AT4040 is a quality mic that's got more in common in terms of sonics with its more expensive brethren than its lower cost cousins. It does not emulate the sound of any other mic. It sounds like an AT4040 Audio-Technica AT4040. It's versatile.

I've loved my AT4040 since the second it came into my studio. It makes me wish I had hip hip clientelle (I've got mostly folk musicians) because the low end is so rich and defined. Up close and personal on acoustic guitar is really nice, but if your going to have bass on the same song, roll off the low end. If I had another I'd use them as drum overheads for jazzier stuff.

I recently added a Rode NT1 (not the revised "a" model) to my studio and am using it for vocals on live performances. The bleed-through from other instruments has a nice quality, whereas with the 4040 the bleed-through doesn't give me favorable qualities in the mix.

You're making a choice.

a good choice, even when you have a full mic locker you'll still find uses for it.

Don't have the 4040 but I do have the 4033. Good quality mic that will give you years of use.

This is interesting cause I owned a 4033 for a long time and never really loved it on anything. It was ok on everything, but not really great for me on anything I did. I was wondering of the 4040 was similar. I'd like to give another AT a shot, but not if it sounds like a 4033. Anyone have both?

H2H

At 4040

I've never read anything bad about the 4040. I like mine but then I like the 4033 too. The 4040 is a very true mic.

Hard2Hear said:
This is interesting cause I owned a 4033 for a long time and never really loved it on anything. It was ok on everything, but not really great for me on anything I did. I was wondering of the 4040 was similar. I'd like to give another AT a shot, but not if it sounds like a 4033. Anyone have both?

H2H

I've never used a 4033, but have owned a 4050 and currenty own a 4040 and I came to the same conclusion as you about both of these mics. They've been ok on alot of things, yet have never really been exceptional at any one thing (at least as far as my needs go). The one thing I did find the 4050 great on was R&B type vocals, but this was, and is not what I typically record, so I got rid of it.

I think the choice is obveous I got to buy that mic and thanks for the useful information I can't wait to test that mic !

Back