short piece

hi all!
practising mixing technique and did a short cover music.
would like to hear comments about the mixing.
im thinking how to get a higher quality sound.

Got this message:

Direct linking not allowed
Either this is an invalid link, or the artist has posted this link against the agreement they accepted when signing up.

If you think you are getting this message in error, copy this page and send it via. e-mail to admin@nowhereradio.com

[/cgi-bin/dl/cDk0tkLBMuTv/whitherstudio/losing_all_my_faith_sp_.mp3] [] [Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)] [65.184.65.237] [22211]

I am still having issues with Nowhere Radio on my pc. I tried to acces it at home, got the same error message. Thought it was an XP issue, but the pc we have here at the office with 2000 on it did the same thing.... I'm sorry about that...

I think your going heavy on the reverb especially when the main part kicks in. The dynamics seem to got lost. Everything seems to be washed in reverb. The drum sound is'nt very good. The cymbals are overkill. It sounds like they are being played too hard or are cheap cymbals. I would set them a little lower in the mix. The snare almost sounds like a rim shot and the bass drum is almost non-existant. I don't hear any hats or ride. I think the drums were'nt properly recorded. The bass is muddy. The keyboard/pads are barely audible. I think maybe the keyboard and bass are fighting for the same space. I would start by retracking the drums, bass, and keyboard. Try to give the bass and keyboard their own space or drop the keyboard. Overall the mix sounds muddy. There is a vibe to the tune. I would like to hear it again if you retrack and remix. Sorry to be so hard but that's why I come here myself, to be criticized.

Hey rocket, I had problems on nowhereradio also. I tried a bunch of stuff but nothing worked. I ended up changing players on nowhereradio. I use wmp but I had to change to the other option which was'nt wmp but now it works.

Last edited:
anywhither said:
i finally remixed a new version.
here's link

I get this errormessage:
We're sorry, but this page is currently unavailable for viewing.
If this site belongs to you, please read this help page for more information and assistance

Back