short drum clip - help with tracking

The549

a hack
so....finally my first recording where I can spend a little time tweaking and looking for a good sound. Here is a clip (playing tired and aggravated :)) after 8 hours of setting everything up...just jumping on the drums, so please excuse the crappy playing...at 30 seconds i tighten the snares on the snare drum.

Then a clip with basic compression and pre compression eq (low cuts and a little compression and master bus compression).

I'm starting the tracking phase. It's ok so far, but am open to suggestions to make it sound more professional. Something like a later jazz recording with a bit more crunch. I have two overheads and single mics on all drums...can say more if people are interested.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=573e3105d57db5b7d9d5c56d04dfa8b0e04e75f6e8ebb871

It's sounds okay. Not great, but okay. I downloaded it and tried EQing it myself. If you want to hear it, I'll email it to you. All I did was cut some of the bass, a tiny bit of the mids, and boosted the highs. I also added a touch of reverb to widen the sound.

So, uh, yeah. E-mail me (squibble94@aim.com) and I'll send it to you.

it's getting better...i tried xy overhead and it's much less phasey. also tightened up the drum sound. Thanks for the reply!

Back