Shock mount?

A7X

So I bought an AT 3035 off of ebay, and was told that it never came with a shock mount. So i went to my local music store and they advertised one, AT 8458, for 130 bucks canadian. I was thinking wtf cause thats how much I got the mic for on ebay. So i'm going to buy the shock mount as well off of ebay, but i'm not sure what that mic will fit in. I don't want anything fancy, just to hold the mic and close off the vibrations. Anyone have any suggestions that would be on ebay?

Thanks

Ken

That 8458 mount is exactly what came with my 3035 when I bought it a year ago. So, if the mount is worth $99 US, and the pouch/case is worth maybe $20... that means I got the mic for $40. :D The mic should have come with the mount. And $130 CN is waaaaaayyy too much to pay for plastic IMHO.

ducktape and elastics?

the best I could find is here

I have no Idea what that converts to dollars, or if they even ship world wide.

hope it helps

The AT 3035 fits very nicely in the shock mount for my Studio Projects C1. I know... I just tried it... just now. Anyway, there's another option for you. Look around and see if you can find a C1 shock mount, cheap.

I think the Proel APM-210 Shockmount fits the 3035 (can't remember for sure)and it's only like $22. But if not Proel should have one that does.

Last edited:
A7X said:
So I bought an AT 3035 off of ebay, and was told that it never came with a shock mount. So i went to my local music store and they advertised one, AT 8458, for 130 bucks canadian. I was thinking wtf cause thats how much I got the mic for on ebay. So i'm going to buy the shock mount as well off of ebay, but i'm not sure what that mic will fit in. I don't want anything fancy, just to hold the mic and close off the vibrations. Anyone have any suggestions that would be on ebay?

Thanks

Ken
Have you contacted the ebay seller? That's where I'd start. Give him a chance to send you one. Print the add while it's still up if possible.
If he dosn't make good tell him you're going to give him negative rep with a paragraph explination as to why he sucks.

Should work. It's worked for me before. I know for a fact that the place I bought my DAW computer from never intended on sending me a windows disk and tried to wiggle out of it afterwards. Here I sit though with a brand new still sealed windows xp pro disk;)

F.S.

No, it clearly stated in the info it never came with it, its my bad. But its good I got one off my buddy for a while, he doesn't use his recording gear so much anymore.

Thanks though guys

Back