Shmowkin'!

krooner

Hi all,
Please guys, feel free to bash this mix.

Cheers!
Kj

Attachments

• Shmowkin'! CD.cpr-31.mp3
    5.5 MB · Views: 34
Are you serious with this? What was your intention with recording this kind of music? It's truly horrible in more ways than I can list here. Is it a home organ demo?

Are you serious with this? What was your intention with recording this kind of music? It's truly horrible in more ways than I can list here. Is it a home organ demo?

Hi, Bp,
Hi,
Sorry I missed your post.

"Shmowkin'", alongwith several other styles of music was commissioned for a dance fitness DVD
that would appeal, generally speaking, to middle and old aged ladies.
Using original material meant that issues concerning copywright wouldn't be a problem.

The aim was to raise cash for a local cancer charity.

I must admit it was my first attempt at this type of project, but having enjoyed the
process so much, I can't say it'll be my last. ------ and I had hoped that with some helpful suggestions from other members of this forum, my abilities would improve.

If it's any consolation we did manage to raise around £5,000.

Kj

everything is mixed alright...but it sounds terrible.

sounds like you got a keyboard around 1986 and just hit the demo button.

I'm not sure what you want critiqued about this.

everything is mixed alright...but it sounds terrible.

sounds like you got a keyboard around 1986 and just hit the demo button.

I'm not sure what you want critiqued about this.

Hi, Ron

Without going into detail relating to style or musical arrangement, being a genuine newbie, some clue with regards to what would improve the sounds, would be very helpful.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Keith

Last edited:
It just sounds fake man. All the instrumentation is so fake sounding. Very cheesy... I suggest you find some better programs to make music that have more realistic sounding instruments.

It just sounds fake man. All the instrumentation is so fake sounding. Very cheesy... I suggest you find some better programs to make music that have more realistic sounding instruments.

Hi, FP,
I appreciate your comments.
Prompted by feedback regarding poor sounds, I discovered a few days ago that I hadn't had my synth [ MO8 ] hooked-up properly into cubase;
I'd been using one unbalanced cable from keyboard mono/out into the, RNP Hi-Z input. :facepalm:

I've been advised that two such cables should have been connected from the synth directly into the, UA 101 interface.

The keyboard certainly sounds better.

I would appreciate any recommendations regarding music programs.

Thanks.
Kj

Hi, FP,
Thanks for your comments.

And I'd appreciate any recommendations regarding music programs.

Cheers.
Kj

Just re-listened to this and I'm proper lolling, especially at krooner's comments. He's most definitely on a wind-up. :D As if the type of cable and the way the keyboard is connected would make any difference to the sheer cheesy awfulness of the instrumentation and composition. Kudos to you, krooner, you actually had me a little annoyed when I made my first post. :laughings:

Back