"Shine" - instrumental at the moment

CGBMike

Hi guys
First time I've posted a song here, yikes. I was just wondering if anyone out there could help me with this song I've been working on.

It's only instrumental at the moment - I'll add vocals when I'm not insanely ill. I'm also thinking of adding some acoustic guitar in the second verse.

I was just wondering if I was heading the right direction? I have a feeling it's all a bit over-compressed at the moment and all too sludgey. Any ideas? It's supposed to be in the same sort of style as The Replacements/A boy named goo-era goo goo dolls, only a bit more pop and a bit more 00's

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=727769

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
"Sorry, the free service is at full capacity.

Please try later or upgrade to sendspace Max™ to enable guaranteed slots and instant, fast downloads."

You should use Soundclick!

That's a fuzzy guitar tone! The bass cuts through pretty well. You're probably right about it being a bit sludgy...maybe brighten the guitar a little bit...the rhythm guitar that is. Sounds like it's gonna be a pretty good song once the vocals go down. It's pretty tightly played.

sounds like a good song. I like the guitar tone maybe just like the above said add a little clarity but it might make that fuzzy tone lose some of the smoothness as well. sounds good though.

Back