Sharp Minidisc Recorder

wyastarr

I'm looking at the Sharp MD-MT90.

What is the "Optical" cable? Can that be used to digitally transfer recordings from the MT90 to a G4? If not, what's the general process (just using the anologue out to a board then back into the mac?)?

Thanks

P.S. If you have other recommendations in terms of portable minidisc players/recorders I'd love to hear them.

wyastarr said:
I'm looking at the Sharp MD-MT90.

What is the "Optical" cable? Can that be used to digitally transfer recordings from the MT90 to a G4?

The optical output could go to the G4 if the G4 has optical ability. The analog output can be plugged into the G4 but it the sound will have gone through digital to analog converters then into the G4's analog to digital converters which can add some quantization errors. Anytime you can do a digital to digital transfer, there are a smaller number of errors.

SoMm

there is a website for all minidisc info : www.minidisc.org -
It contains all technical info of minidisc and technology.

the model that you had can not do mdlp - minidisc long play. which can be good or bad depending on your needs - good - save disks and time - bad - only player with mdlp can play back.

from my experience - battery life is quite crucial if you had long recording hours.

Back