"Shape Of My Heart" (Sting) fingerstyle guitar cover

Guitarquango

Dear friends, this is a new recording of my arrangement of "Shape Of My Heart". For me this composition is one of Sting's best. A masterpiece. Over the years I have developed a simple fingerstyle version for my living room, which I play from time to time. I hope you enjoy my "sofa version" ;-)

Greetings, Jimmy

It popped up in my Youtube feed Jimmy. It's a lovely version. You've done so many nice songs now, can you share how you do it?

I assume the room is a normal room, with normal acoustics? You seem to have a zoom (or similar in shot normally) and we get some added reverb. Do you simply sit down, and play? I'm guessing, but I get the impression what we hear exactly what you play - so if you make a mistake, you just play it again? Then you tweak EQ and just the reverb. I never hear compression or other processing. It's such a nice sound you get and is always the same - so how do you actually prepare what we hear. Is there any special things you do? My guitar playing is pretty awful, but the sound you get is really nice and natural - is the guitar really well balanced tonally before you start? I know mine isn't. I'm intrigued that you do seem to just sit, press record on a zoom, and capture such a nice clean sound.

It popped up in my Youtube feed Jimmy. It's a lovely version. You've done so many nice songs now, can you share how you do it?

I assume the room is a normal room, with normal acoustics? You seem to have a zoom (or similar in shot normally) and we get some added reverb. Do you simply sit down, and play? I'm guessing, but I get the impression what we hear exactly what you play - so if you make a mistake, you just play it again? Then you tweak EQ and just the reverb. I never hear compression or other processing. It's such a nice sound you get and is always the same - so how do you actually prepare what we hear. Is there any special things you do? My guitar playing is pretty awful, but the sound you get is really nice and natural - is the guitar really well balanced tonally before you start? I know mine isn't. I'm intrigued that you do seem to just sit, press record on a zoom, and capture such a nice clean sound.
Thanks a lot for your kind feedback Rob!

My guitar is a Fender Westernguitar and I do my recordings with a TASCAM DR-07X recorder. After the recording I put some reverb on it because my sofa sound is very dry... ;-) That's all I do. (and yes - if I make a mistake I take a break and do a new tryout)

Greetings and hugs my friend,

Jimmy

Back