Setups

jusballin

I was just interested in the setup & equipment everyone here is using. if this has already been posted could someone send me a link for it,i searched but couldnt find it.

thanks,

holla

Jusballin,

Don't know if it's been done but we can always do it again. Here's mine:

COMPUTER
Custom P2 700 mhz
- 384 MB RAM
- Roland RPC-1 Card
- Emagic Logic Audio Silver Edition

MIXERS
Roland VM-3100 Pro 20 Channel Digital Mixer
Roland VM-3100 12 Channel Digital Mixer
StudioMaster Club Series 8 Channel Mixer
Boss BR-8 8 Track Digital Recording Studio

MICROPHONES
Shure KSM27 Studio Condenser Microphone
Shure Beta 58A Dynamic Microphone

OUTBOARD GEAR
DBX 376 Channel Strip/MicPre/Compressor
Rocktron Intellifex
BBE Sonic Maximizer 362
Aphex Aural Exciter Type C
Alesis AirFX

KEYBOARDS/DRUM MACHINES
Roland JX-305 GrooveSynth
Boss DR-5 Rhythm Section

SOUND MODULES/SAMPLERS
Roland MSE-1 String Ensemble Module
Roland MBD-1 Bass and Drum Module
Roland VS-1 Vintage Keys and Synth Module
Roland GS64 General MDI Module
Emu Proteus 3 World Module
Peavey Spectrum Bass Module
Akai S2000 Sampler

Forgot some stuff:

MONITORING
Event PS-6
Sherwood TA200
RCA 5.25" Cubes
RCA 1" Cubes
Sony 3 way Towers

OTHER STUFF
(3)AKG K240M Studio Headphones
Also Sony MD player/recorder
(2) Furman RP-8 Power Conditioners
MIDIMAN 3 x 8 MIDI Thru Box

Stray

www.mp3.com/PerpetualProductio

Last edited:
well i guess i could have posted my setup:

the equipment i have consist of

mpc2000xl
trinity rack
oberheim matrix 6r rack
planet phatt rack
studiologic 61 key midi controller
alesis ra-100 amp
alesis MKII monitor ones
delta 66 soundcard (4ins/outs)
compaq P3 800 mhz, 60gig hard drive
dual 17in monitors
matrox g450 dual head video card
zip drive 100mb
cubase 5.1 vst

Everthing not being fully used as yet.

Pentium III 733 mhz
512 ram
40 g 7200 rpm HD

Delta66
midiman 4x4

Cubase vst 5.1r1
a few vst instruments and plug ins thanx to morpheus

Akai mpc3000 (being repaired)
Yamaha PSR520

Mo Phat
Triton
Roland xv5080(maybe )

*a computer

*the computer's original soundcard

*the computer's orignal speakers(no moniters)

*a microphone from a karaoke machine(now on a stand and equipted w/ a pop screen and one of those foam covers)

*a Casio CTK 731 midi keyboard connected to the computer(used only the control the 200+ vst instruments and other software synths I have:D )

*a pair of sennheiser HD 280 pro 64 ohm headphones

*an old Fisher record player

Not much huh;) ;) ;)

But i still keep da bangaz cummin:cool:

Korg 01w/fd
Yamaha RM1X
MPC 2000xl 32m
ASR-X pro 56m
Boss DR 202
Boss DR 5
Boss DR 660
Emu Planet Phatt
Alesis DM5 drum module
Yamaha RM50 drum module
Peavy Synth module
Peavy Bass module
Peasvy SP sample playback
Peavy SXII sampler expander
Yamaha MU5
1402 (or something) midi controller

Alesis Datadisk
Midiman USB Midisport 2x2
Midiman 3x8
Midiman 1x4
Midiman 2x2
Roland 5x1 switcher

Mackie CR1604 vlz
Midiman 6 channel mixer

Roland 1680 with 2 efx cards

Art Tube MP <--soon to replace.
Presonus Bluemax compressor
Alesis Nanocompressor

Audio Technica AT4033se
Rode NT1
Audio Technica ATM 33a's x 2 (2 more borrowed years ago)

Phillips CDR 775's x 2
QPS 12x8x24 scsi cdr
Iomega USB 4x4x? cdr
Iomega 250 scsi zip drive
Iomega 100 scsi zip drive
Iomega 100 scsi/parallel zip plus
Imoega 100 USB zip

IBM T22 laptop 900mhz PIII 32gb

Edirol UA-5 USB audio in/out

Elesis Monitor One's
Event PS8's
Sony 12 inch powered subwoofer
Elesis 100x2 amp
Sony expensive ass Dj headphones
Sony expensive headphones (Haven't seen em in a minute)
Koss expensive headphones
Maxell cheap ass headphones

Sony DCR TRV-530 digital 8mm camcorder
Sony DCR TRV-520 digital 8mm camcorder
HP C618 2 megpixel digital still camera

PS2, Sony VCR, hall cameras, video switch. Sony IR receiver thing, shit load of wires and other b.s..

That's just the shit that stands out on the equipment serial # list.

MPC3000 w/zip drive and all options.
Korg N364 Keyboard Workstation
Korg Trinity Workstation
Korg TR-Rack
Yamaha ProMix01 Digital Mixer
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Guitar (White w/ gold hardware)
Studio Projects C1 Condenser microphone.
Avalon M5 Mic Preamp
Joemeek VC3Q Mic Preamp
Event 20/20 Bi-amped monitors.
AKG K240 headphones (4 pairs)

Pentium III 1 Ghz
384 MB Ram
Windows XP Professional
MOTU 2408 audio interface
MIDIman 4x4
Cubase VST 32
Nuendo
Wavelab
SampleTank XL
Waves, Timeworks, PSP and various plugins.

MPC2000XL w/ zip drive & internal 4.5gb hard drive
Drumz Phatta Than Momma sampler cd(mpcsounds.com)
Reason 1.0

yamaha motif 6
2 - cheap casio keyboards

GrooveTube GT-58 mic
SM57 mic
2-SM58
Fat Man 5 mic-pre/compressor

Mackie CFX12 Mixer
cheap azz Tascam Portastudio- 4 tracker

Echo Mia sound card

Yorkvill YSM1p monitors

3 electric guitars
1 acoustic
Line 6 Pod 2.0 effects processor
Boss GT- 5 effects processor

Samplitude 24/96

That Texas Fella
sugaty@aol.com

hmmmmmmmmm..............

you guyz got a lot of stuff for your setups. Me, all i got is a triton. i dont record at home though anymore. i just make beats on the triton, get it mastered at the studio and lay down the vocals over there. i do got a couple software shit on my comp. a 1.4 ghz comp with Cubase, Logic, Cakewalk, Fruityloops, Reason and Battery and any other shit you can name. Don't use none of those though. i have no idea how to work with any of those except for fruity loops which i think sucks. i can't work MIDI or none of that so i just sequence everything on the triton and let my engineer do all that technical shit. it comes out way better than what i could do at home. oh yeah, i also have a CAD Equitek 100 condenser mic. Anyone looking for a good budget mic let me know. i will sell, name your price. it gives good vocals.
Anyone know any places besides mp3.com where i can post? i hate posting on there cause you got to wait mad days just to get the track on there. oh yeah, not nowhere radio too because it doesn't have enough space for my shit.

Some nice gear there fellas.

Lazi, damn you got a lot of gear. I'd like to check your work out, got any links? What do you use to control the Peavey Spectrum units? You posted pics of your set up before I think right? Nice stuff.

Trak, how do you like the N364? I was gonna pick one up a short time ago but the price wasn't right. I liked what I heard though. You have any links I could check out?

Also I saw your reply regarding starting out with the DR-5. Yeah, it's simplicity is excellent, I love pattern based sequencers. See I upgraded to the Roland JX-305 (basically a MC505 without DBeam) which is more or less the same type of pattern based sequencer as in the DR-5. It has higher resolution and better quantization but is basically just as easy to use. I love it. Only problem is that it only has 8 tracks. I'm looking at purchasing a Roland MC50 mkII or MC80 to give me more tracks.

Stray

Anyone here use more than 1 sequencer simultaneously? From the looks of it Lazi, you have several sequencers at your disposal, ever you use 2 at the same time? If so how do you do it? How do it work, did the sequencers stay in sync pretty well?

Stray

The Peavy boxes are kinda sitting up right now. I just pullem ever now and then for a ill synth sample or bassline. I midi em to the 1404 cotroller and just play a lil something.

As far as tracks I got 2 from my time getting fimilar with the MPC and 1 older track from the MPC up. I'm not putting my studio tracks up yet cuz we are working on the new CD. Don't kow which tracks we will be using yet.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1667

I had the RM1X and the MPC sync'd a few weeks ago. I just set the MPC to slave to the RM1X and to filter the note data. I wanted to use the MPC for drums and background samples but I didn't like the timing i was getting. It was just kinda odd sounding to me but it could've worked. With the MPC's sequencer running on the RM1X's clock they stayed extremely tight. Once I got em setup there was no problems. I just didn't like the feel. Plus i wanted the MPC to change sequences over midi but never found out if it could (probably not). That way i could change songs on the RM1X and have the patterns change on the MPC at the same time. Now i just use em as two seperate sequencers. Everything else is just for sounds and controllers.

I used to have the 01w and the DR660 sync'd up. They worked perfectly. I think the DR series changes patterns over midi. I've always found it to just be easier to just use one sequener and a bunch of modules.

I love my N364 man. It's the second most reliable piece I own, after my MPC3000. When I bought the N364 I wanted sounds that were not all over the radio at that time and that I personally would use, I tried the roland XP-50 and hated it then I tried the N364 and it was exactly what I was looking for. I use it on a lot of stuff. For my ballad tracks the N364 is my weapon of choice from the equipment I have.

As far as the MC50 mk II, I used it a couple of times and it didn't disappoint me at all, I'm actually looking at getting the Yamaha QY-700 music sequencer. My boy has it and I like it's different sounds.

I used to sync my keyboard workstations' sequencers to my MPC and ASR-X when I had that, but it gets too complicated, and it's easier to have the whole sequence on one machine.

Lazi and Trak, thanks for the info guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the sequencer situation yet. I guess I'm just gonna have to try a couple things out.

Lazi, I'm listening to Pine Blue right now. Nice track, I like the changes. You have some sort of strange guitar line going on that's tight as hell. Now I'm listening to Crook Ed, nice title. I don't really like the bass sound you're using here. I like the rest of the track though.

Nice work on these tracks. That is the picture I saw of your set up. Nice work area.

Stray

www.mp3.com/PerpetualProductio

(this is my current setup since my Real setup is under construction)
-PC
AMD 450Mhz
128MB RAM
30 Gig HD
Yamaha SW1000XG Soundcard
Yamaha DS2416 Digital Mixer Card
SoundBalster Live MP3 Soundcard
StageWorks NearFields

Back