Setup for Redrum

freshlysqueezed

hey guys, when im programmin in reason i tend to use Redrum alot, DUH! anyways do ya'll load your samples in a paticular order that lends itself to play the pattern on a keyboard or do u just load em up anyway. any suggestions would help.

I load them all in order so they are in order on my fantom pads. I load the kick first, snare second, hats and anything else next. Then they end up mapped Kick=Pad1 Snare=Pad2 Hat=Pad3. I don't use the redrums sequencer, I just hit record and bang out the beat on the pads.

What Mentallica said, I load up the first kick sound in the first slot, the snare/clap in the second, and then some kind of hi hat in the third. Then I go through and add the rest of the noises I want, and when I start layering I add those in last.

I actually started using the format used in the beatsbuy drum tutorial and i load them inthe nnxt now. the first couple of times it seems long cuz you are new to it but after that its like cake quick easy to manipulate and layer. omg layering has never been better. but yea pretty much the same orde as well. I then save it as a patch and man it makes em easy to use and deal with. some times i dont want to load a whole kit but the drum from a kit so with the patch i have it layered and tweaked. but to each his own

1. Kick
2. Snr
3. Hat
4. Shakers
5. Perc
6. congas

and anything else...

Sometimes I use 2 or 3 Redrums...

Sometimes I'll load an 808 in the NN-XT cause I can filter the crap out of it and make great effects...

Kick > snare > hi-hat >anything els.
I always layer though, and I have an entire mixer dedicated to my redrum.

Back